tiistai 21. elokuuta 2018

Day 0. Arrival

Note: This went longer than expected. Been bit of a busy having got home.

Once more dad gave me drive to the airport. We had quick snack and after that through the by now familiar process of luggage drop and security checks. For some reason metal detector beeped up though I left out all the required stuff to the carriages so was body searched but nothing major. Then it was just waiting for plane to depart which it did more or less on time.

 The plane that would take me to Japan.

The flight to Japan went fairly normally. If anything it felt faster than usual. I had some extra drinks And snacks I had bought to supplement the flight meals which as usual were tasty but few. Spent watching movies(league of justice and guardians of galaxy) and reading book(Kukai collection vol 2) and sleeping. Also had fun watching young kid in front row who was clearly enjoying her flight. Ah to be a kid again! Also jeallous of how they can fall asleep just like that in narrow places. I can do it but bit harder and not as good sleep as she could do. I keep waking up time to time.

Arriving to airport sent 3 packets around japan and got myself bus ticket to Tokushima. Alas it would take almost 2 hours for bus to depart. So I read book while waiting for the departure. Would have needed about 45 minutes earlier but it just wasn't possible.

On bus I met british women and her kids who is married to japanese guy. They visit japan every summer to give kids chance to study in japanese school to learn japanese as well. Again was jealous of kids ability to sleep...well anywhere. 


Arriving to the Shikoku.

Arriving to Tokushima it was shower, lunch and then to walk in park nearby.

 First lunch in Japan. Gyoza from the "Gyoza king" restaurant I had found last year.

This time I also climbed a small mountain I hadn't yet got chance to climb on central park. Due to the hot and humid weather it was rather rough. After the climb another shower and later headed to Awaodori hall to see the dance once again and buy rest of pilgrim gear. As usual awaodori was great fun.

 At the top was this small park/view area.


This museum might have been interesting to visit but as it was within 5 minutes of closing didn't feel like paying entrance fee!



Rest of evening was spent just watching tv and reading and talking with family.

















Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti