perjantai 6. heinäkuuta 2018

And tomorrow it's a go!

Quick update before departure. Preparations are done. Back bag packed. On wednesday I made my first bookings for the pilgrimage(I had booked up first night in Tokushima and 2 last nights in Tokyo already). I'm not much of a phone talker and get nervous calling to unknown people in Finland so calling to Japan is always nerve wrecking experience!

Things got even turn for worse as first place I called instantly was on what I had been worrying about. It was closed for summer! This is something I have been worrying. Not many are crazy enough to do pilgrimage in the summer so many lodgings I hear are closed on summer. So 1st place called being like that didn't make my confidence grow...

Luckily 2nd place I called had place so on monday I will be staying in a lodging about 10km from Susaki. So train to Susaki, then some walking. Good warmup and seeing how hard it is to walk in the summer heat.

For 2nd night I got myself bed in the temple #37 Iwamotoji. I love staying at the temples so had been eyeballing this one. Unfortunately for some reason they don't have meals...So I need to get something from konbini next to the temple. Too bad. Temple meals are always so tasty even meat eater like me dives in for their vegetable meals with good gusto.

From there I will book on the temple seeing if I can even survive first day or will I raise white flag right away! Hopefully it's not that bad. Just about 23km so not that long. Does have mountain though...Only 400m but for first days I could come up with easier ones. Though I suppose this IS easier than last year where I clocked tad short of 30km and included a mountain...But that was on cooler spring period.

Oh and on wednesday one more preparation was done. I got my hair cut. Completely. I'm now bald as a bowling ball. Don't know if it helps but I'm willing to try. I have always wondered how I would look having thought as a kid I would become bald so seems like good chance to try! Hair grows back anyway so it's not like it's permanent. So far...Feels weird! Getting used to it but it certainly feels different.

Now when that plane departs...


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti